Fly.io Terms of Service
Effective date: January 1, 2022
Thank you for using fly.io! We're happy you're here. Please read this Terms of Service agreement carefully before accessing or using fly.io.
- Welcome to Fly.io! Your use of Fly.io’s services, including the services Fly.io makes available through our web site (the “Site”), software, cloud computing platform, APIs, and all other software or services offered by Fly.io in connection with any of those (the “Services”), is governed by these terms of service (the “Terms”), so please carefully read them before using the Services. These Terms apply to all visitors, users, and others who access the Services (“Users”). For the purposes of these Terms, “we,” “our,” “us,” and “Fly.io” refer to Fly.io, Inc., the providers and operators of the Services.
- In order to use the Services, you must first agree to these Terms. If you are registering for or using the Services on behalf of an organization, you are agreeing to these Terms for that organization and promising that you have the authority to bind that organization to these Terms. In that case, “you” and “your” will also refer to that organization, wherever possible.
- You must be over 13 years of age to use the Services, and children under the age of 13 cannot use or register for the Services. If you are over 13 years of age but are not yet of legal age to form a binding contract (in many jurisdictions, this age is 18), then you must get your parent or guardian to read these Terms and agree to them for you before you use the Services. If you are a parent or guardian and you provide your consent to your child's registration with the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms with respect of your child’s use of the Services.
- You agree your purchases and/or use of the Services are not contingent on the delivery of any future functionality or features or dependent on any oral or written public comments made by Fly.io or any of its affiliates regarding future functionality or features.
- If you have entered into a separate written agreement with Fly.io for use of the Services, the terms and conditions of such other agreement shall prevail over any conflicting terms or conditions in these Terms with respect to the Services specified in such agreement.
- ARBITRATION NOTICE: EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN THE ARBITRATION CLAUSE BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND FLY.IO WILL BE RESOLVED BY MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
- BY USING, DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING THE SERVICES OR ANY MATERIALS INCLUDED IN OR WITH THE SERVICES, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, THEN YOU MAY NOT USE, DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, OR OTHERWISE ACCESS THE SERVICES.
- CERTAIN FEATURES OF THE SERVICES OR SITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES, TERMS, OR RULES, WHICH WILL BE POSTED ON THE SERVICES OR SITE IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH FEATURES. TO THE EXTENT SUCH TERMS, GUIDELINES, AND RULES CONFLICT WITH THESE TERMS, SUCH TERMS SHALL GOVERN SOLELY WITH RESPECT TO SUCH FEATURES. IN ALL OTHER SITUATIONS, THESE TERMS SHALL GOVERN.
2. Your Account
- Your account on the Services (your “User Account”) gives you access to the services and functionality that we may establish and maintain from time to time and in our sole discretion. We may maintain different types of User Accounts for different types of Users. By connecting to the Services with a third-party service, you give us permission to access and use your information from that service as permitted by that service, and to store your log-in credentials for that service.
- You may never use another User’s User Account without permission. In the course of registering for a User Account or using the Services, you may be required to provide Fly.io with certain information, including your name, contact information, username and password (“Credentials”). Fly.io handles such information with the utmost attention, care and security. Nonetheless, you, not Fly.io, shall be responsible for maintaining and protecting your Credentials in connection with the Services. If your contact information or other information relating to your User Account changes, you must notify Fly.io promptly and keep such information current. You are solely responsible for any activity using your Credentials, whether or not you authorized that activity. You should immediately notify Fly.io of any unauthorized use of your Credentials or if your email or password has been hacked or stolen. If you discover that someone is using your Credentials without your consent, or you discover any other breach of security, you agree to notify Fly.io immediately.
- A variety of information, reviews, recommendations, messages, comments, posts, text, graphics, software, photographs, videos, data, and other materials (“Content”) may be made available through the Services by Fly.io or its suppliers (“Fly.io-Supplied Content”). While Fly.io strives to keep the Content that it provides through the Services accurate, complete, and up-to-date, Fly.io cannot guarantee, and is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any Fly.io-Supplied Content.
- You acknowledge that you may also be able to create, transmit, publish or display information (such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images) through use of the Services. All such information is referred to below as “User Content.”
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Fly.io has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any User Content, and for the consequences of your actions (including any loss or damage which Fly.io may suffer) in connection with such User Content. If you are registering for these Services on behalf of an organization, you also agree that you are also responsible for the actions of associated Users and for any User Content that such associated Users might upload, record, publish, post, link to, or otherwise transmit or distribute through use of the Services. Furthermore, you acknowledge that Fly.io does not control or actively monitor Content uploaded by users and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You acknowledge that by using the Services, you may be exposed to materials that are offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Fly.io be liable in any way for any such Content.
- Fly.io may refuse to store, provide, or otherwise maintain your User Content for any or no reason. Fly.io may remove your User Content from the Services at any time if you violate these Terms or if the Services are canceled or suspended. If User Content is stored using the Services with an expiration date, Fly.io may also delete the User Content as of that date. User Content that is deleted may be irretrievable. You agree that Fly.io has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any User Content or other communications maintained or transmitted through use of the Services.
- Fly.io reserves the right (but shall have no obligation) to monitor and remove User Content from the Services, in its discretion. You agree to immediately take down any Content that violates these Terms, including pursuant to a takedown request from Fly.io. Fly.io also reserves the right to directly take down such Content.
- By submitting, posting or otherwise uploading User Content on or through the Services you give Fly.io a worldwide, nonexclusive, perpetual, fully sub-licensable, royalty-free right and license as set below:
- with respect to User Content that you submit, post or otherwise make publicly or generally available via the Services (e.g. public forum posts), the license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute , publicly perform, and publicly display such User Content (in whole or part) worldwide via the Services or otherwise, and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for any legal business purpose; and
- You also hereby grant each User of the Services a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Services, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Content as permitted through the functionality of the Services and under these Terms.
4. Proprietary Rights
- You acknowledge and agree that Fly.io (and/or Fly.io’s licensors) own all legal right, title and interest in and to the Services and Fly.io-Supplied Content and that the Services and Fly.io-Supplied Content are protected by copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist).
- Except as provided in Section 3, Fly.io acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under these Terms in or to any Content that you create, upload, submit, post, transmit, share or display on, or through, the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in that Content (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Fly.io, you agree that you are responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights and that Fly.io has no obligation to do so on your behalf.
5. License From Fly.io and Restrictions on Use
- Fly.io gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the Site and Services for the sole purpose of to allow you to access the Services for your non-commercial or internal business purposes, in the manner permitted by these Terms and the features of the Services.
- You may not (and you may not permit anyone else to): (i) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the Services or any part thereof, unless this is expressly permitted or required by law, or unless you have been specifically told that you may do so by Fly.io, in writing (e.g., through an open source software license); or (ii) attempt to disable or circumvent any security mechanisms used by the Services or any applications running on the Services.
- You may not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services).
- You may not rent, lease, provide access to or sublicense any elements of the Services to a third party or use the Services on behalf of or to provide services to third parties
- You may not access the Services in a manner intended to avoid incurring fees or exceeding usage limits or quotas.
- You may not use the Services to mine cryptocurrencies;
- You may not access the Services for the purpose of bringing an intellectual property infringement claim against Fly.io or for the purpose of creating a product or service competitive with the Services. You may not use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic program or device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or in any way gather Content from the Services.
- You agree that you will not upload, record, publish, post, link to, transmit or distribute User Content, or otherwise utilize the Services in a manner that: (i) advocates, promotes, incites, instructs, informs, assists or otherwise encourages violence or any illegal activities; (ii) infringes or violates the copyright, patent, trademark, service mark, trade name, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights of any third party or Fly.io, or any rights of publicity or privacy of any party; (iii) attempts to mislead others about your identity or the origin of a message or other communication, or impersonates or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any other person or entity, or is otherwise materially false, misleading, or inaccurate; (iv) promotes, solicits or comprises inappropriate, harassing, abusive, profane, hateful, defamatory, libelous, threatening, obscene, indecent, vulgar, pornographic or otherwise objectionable or unlawful content or activity; (v) is harmful to minors; (vi) utilizes or contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or any other similar software, data, or programs that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, personal information, or property of another; or (vii) violates any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including without limitation the laws and regulations governing export control, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising).
- You may not use the Services if you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of the United States or other countries, including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Services. You affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Services are not intended for children under 13.
6. Pricing Terms
- Subject to the Terms, the Services are provided to you without charge up to certain usage limits, and usage in excess of these limits may require purchase of additional resources and the payment of fees. Please see Fly.io’s Pricing Terms at https://fly.io/docs/about/pricing/ for details regarding pricing for the Services.
- Fly.io may add new services for additional fees and charges, add or amend fees and charges for existing services, at any time in its sole discretion. Any change to our Pricing Terms shall become effective in the billing cycle following notice of such change to you.
- California Residents. The provider of services is set forth herein. If you are a California resident, in accordance with Cal. Civ. Code §1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112 Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (916) 445-1254.
7. Privacy Policies
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, in the event you use the Services as an organization, you agree to permit Fly.io to identify you as a customer and to use your name and/or logo in Fly.io’s website and marketing materials.
8. Modification and Termination of Services
- You may terminate these Terms at any time by canceling your account on the Services. You will not receive any refunds if you cancel your account.
- You agree that Fly.io, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate your account or any part thereof. You agree that any termination of your access to the Services may be without prior notice, and you agree that Fly.io will not be liable to you or any third party for such termination.
- You are solely responsible for exporting your User Content from the Services prior to termination of your account for any reason, provided that if we terminate your account for our convenience, we will endeavor to provide you a reasonable opportunity to retrieve your User Content.
- Upon any termination of the Services or your account these Terms will also terminate, but all provisions of these Terms which, by their nature, should survive termination, shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability.
9. Changes to the Terms
- These Terms may be amended or updated from time to time without notice and may have changed since your last visit to the website or use of the Services. It is your responsibility to review these Terms for any changes. By continuing to access or use the Services after revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms. If you do not agree to the new Terms, please stop using the Services. Please visit this page regularly to review these Terms for any changes.
10. DISCLAIMER of WARRANTY
- YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.”
- FLY.IO, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SERVICES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, FLY.IO, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO YOU THAT: (A) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (B) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR, AND (C) USAGE DATA PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE.
- NOTHING IN THESE TERMS, INCLUDING SECTIONS 10 AND 11, SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT FLY.IO’S WARRANTY OR LIABILITY FOR LOSSES WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
11. LIMITATION of LIABILITY
- SUBJECT TO SECTION 10 ABOVE, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT FLY.IO, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
- THE LIMITATIONS ON FLY.IO’S LIABILITY TO YOU IN THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT FLY.IO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING.
- SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL FLY.IO’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT THAT YOU HAVE ACTUALLY PAID FOR THE SERVICES IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS, OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00), WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
- You agree to hold harmless and indemnify Fly.io, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, advertisers, licensors, suppliers or partners (collectively “Fly.io and Partners”) from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to (a) your breach of the Terms, (b) your use of the Services, (c) your violation of applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with the Services, or (d) your User Content, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature.
13. Copyright Policy
- We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect our users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2) (the “DMCA”), we will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Services if such claims are reported to our Designated Copyright Agent identified in the sample notice below.
- DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement (“Notice”)
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice, you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material or link you claim is infringing (or the subject of infringing activity) and to which access is to be disabled, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link or the exact location where such material may be found.
- Provide your company affiliation (if applicable), mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- “I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
- “I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of, the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature. Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to our Designated Copyright Agent:
2045 W. Grand Ave Ste B PMB 69109
Chicago IL 60612
14. Third-Party Content and Materials
- You may be able to access or use third party websites, resources, content, communications or information (“Third Party Materials”) via the Services. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your access to, reliance upon or use of any such Third Party Materials and Fly.io disclaims any liability that you may incur arising from access to, reliance upon or use of such Third Party Materials via the Services.
- You acknowledge and agree that Fly.io: (a) is not responsible for the availability or accuracy of such Third Party Materials; (b) has no liability to you or any third party for any harm, injuries or losses suffered as a result of your access to, reliance upon or use of such Third Party Materials; and (c) does not make any promises to remove Third Party Materials from being accessed through the Services.
15. Third Party Software
- The Services may incorporate certain third party software (“Third Party Software”), which is licensed subject to the terms and conditions of the third party licensing such Third Party Software. Nothing in these Terms limits your rights under, or grants you rights that supersede, the terms and conditions of any applicable license for such Third Party Software.
- You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the Services, including without limitation about how to improve the Services or our products. By submitting any feedback, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place Fly.io under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use such feedback without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose such feedback on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. Further, you warrant that your feedback is not subject to any license terms that would purport to require us to comply with any additional obligations with respect to any products or services that incorporate any of your feedback. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Fly.io does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Fly.io, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
- Please read the following section carefully because it requires you to arbitrate certain disputes and claims with Fly.io and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us.
- These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Except for small claims disputes in which you or Fly.io seek to bring an individual action in small claims court located in the county of your billing address or claims for injunctive relief by either party, any dispute or controversy arising out of, in relation to, or in connection with these Terms or your use of the Services shall be finally settled by binding arbitration in Santa Clara County, California under the Federal Arbitration Act **** (9 U.S.C. §§ 1-307) and the then current rules of JAMS (formerly known as Judicial Arbitration & Mediation Services) by one (1) arbitrator appointed in accordance with such rules. Where arbitration is not required by these Terms, the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any action with respect to the subject matter of these Terms will be the state and federal courts located in Santa Clara, California, and each of the parties hereto waives any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts. ANY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS OR THE SALES TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND FLY.IO, WHETHER IN ARBITRATION OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, AND YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT CLASS ACTION AND REPRESENTATIVE ACTION PROCEDURES SHALL NOT BE ASSERTED IN NOR APPLY TO ANY ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU ALSO AGREE NOT TO BRING ANY LEGAL ACTION, BASED UPON ANY LEGAL THEORY INCLUDING CONTRACT, TORT, EQUITY OR OTHERWISE, AGAINST FLY.IO THAT IS MORE THAN ONE YEAR AFTER THE DATE OF THE APPLICABLE ORDER.
- You have the right to opt out of binding arbitration within 30 days of the date you first accepted the terms of this Section by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to be effective, the opt out notice must include your full name and clearly indicate your intent to opt out of binding arbitration.
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. We shall have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction.
19. Contact Us
- If you have any questions about these Terms or if you wish to make any complaint or claim with respect to the Services, please contact us at: email@example.com
- When submitting a complaint, please provide a brief description of the nature of your complaint and the specific services to which your complaint relates.