flyctl: Version 0.0.162 released
darwin getCPUinfowarning on M1 Macs
- More feature foundation work
flyctl: Version 0.0.161 released
- Error message enhancement removed
flyctl: Version 0.0.160 released
- Feature foundation work
flyctl: Version 0.0.159 released
- Add "scale memory" command
- Updated Cobra - zsh command completion enabled
- Go, Ruby and Deno builtins use latest version unless overriden in settings
- Fix bug in
flyctl: Version 0.0.158 released
- fix Autoscale messaging
GetVolumesand encrypted setting
volumes deletenot report "volume destroyed"
- Fix volumes help, correct default size (10GB, not 5GB)
flyctl: Version 0.0.157 released
- Wireguard config now includes PersistentKeepAlive
--encryptedflag added for volumes create command
volumes showsupport for new flag added
autoscaling disablecommand added
flyctl: Version 0.0.156 released
fly platform regionsshows a checkmark against regions with gateways
- Fix error on Windows installer when upgrading
- remove private ops from the status display (use
fly ips private)
- Restrict WireGuard peer names to alphanumeric
flyctl: Version 0.0.155 released
- Unhide Wireguard commands for general use
- Updated scale help
- On failed deployment, offer URL for troubleshooting guide
flyctl: Version 0.0.154 released
- New VM Sizes put in place
fly ips privatedisplays private IP addresses of app.
flyctl: Version 0.0.153 released
- Enable wireguard commands
- show private IPs on status output
- Fixes for init import
- Remove prices from vm-sizes output (reference now the pricing page)
- Virtual machines: Upgraded to Firecracker v0.23.
- Improved handling of the connections being shutdown during restarts.
- Improved counting of connections/actions to prevent restarts causing tasks to prematurely end.
- Fixes for slow downloads triggering timeouts.
- Improved isolation of application's context and connections.
- New guides in the Example Applications.
flyctl: Version 0.0.151 released
- Deno builtin now supports Version as a setting, the default is now 1.5.4.
- Crash logs now show the previous 30 lines of log
list appsnow shows humanized time (add -e/--exact for precise time)
list appsnow sorted by name (use --sort created to sort by creation date)
- Removed black text from titles (User contribution: thanks @fornwall).
- Fixes for internal port handling in init.
flyctl: Version 0.0.150 released
- Removed logs deduplicator (no longer needed).
flyctl: Version 0.0.149 released
- Fixed fly dash [metrics] command.
flyctl: Version 0.0.148 released
- Improved image resolution for deployment.
flyctl: Version 0.0.147 released
- Added secrets import (from stdin) and multiline secrets import.
- Fixed no change in secrets false error.
flyctl: Version 0.0.146 released
- Added progress spinner to resume.
- Show the initial region of a new app when running
- improved error handling when API server is not available.
flyctl: Version 0.0.145 released
- Enhanced builtins support with settings
- New Python/Procfile builtin available
- Updated Deno builtin with permissions
- Updated Static website builtin with https and logging options
- New commands for Volumes (persistent disk support) in preview
- init will automatically use the default org if only one org
- init will not ask for a port when using a builtin - they already default to 8080
- Added --watch to status to autorefresh status
- Added --rate to --watch to control refresh rate
- Logging out now checks in case environment variables are set which contain API tokens
- Fixed wildcard domain support in certs command
- Environment variable settings in app config enabled
flyctl: Version 0.0.144 released
- We've changed the commands for managing our upcoming domain support:
dns-recordsare subcommands for the functionality. Background and details on the preview in the feature preview
- A new
init —nowriteoption has been added which allows an app to be created without overwriting the current fly.toml. This allows multiple deployments under different app names (new alternate app names are recorded in
- Builtins now avoid using Alpine as a base image due to reported DNS instability in the Alpine release
- The Deno builder no longer requires a
flyctl: Version 0.0.143 released
version updatecommand added - automatically downloads and installs the latest version.
- Docker authentication used to log into Docker hub if present.
- Add a Windows build script
- Powershell-based Windows 10 installer
- Listing of failing allocations in the status monitor is now more effective
- Cleaner display of failed allocations when watching allocations
- Cleaner table views of builtins (more content and fewer lines)
- Version parsing made more reliable and permissive
flyctl: Version 0.0.142 released
- Fixed fly//flyctl links in homebrew formula
flyctl: Version 0.0.141 released
- Node builtin: Now performs a
npm run buildif a build step exists.
staticplusbuiltin added for custom domains.
fly initto always overwrite
fly.tomlwhen creating an app.
flyctlcan also be run as
flynow and a symlink is created in the installer to allow both versions to be used. The plan is to transition to
flyin the future.
- Requirement for app-name made more consistent across commands.
- Fix flagging of pre-release versions in the installer.
- Builtins now note they use internal port 8080 in their documentation.
- 32-bit builds are no longer created for Fly CLI releases.
flyctl: Version 0.0.140 released
- Deployments now say, at the very end, if there was an allocation failure even when a rollback has taken place
- Restart counts in allocations are now more accurate
flyctl: Version 0.0.139 released.
- fix issue with builtin init.
- Updated documentation in sync with new flyctl.
flyctl: Version 0.0.138 released
- Added flyctl builtins and
flyctl builtins list.
flyctl builtins show.
- Added images as an option to builder selection.
- Added --image as flag to
- Added prompting to
certsprocess to give directions to user on next steps after adding or checking a certificate.
- Changed certs create/delete to add/remove (aliased for back compatibility).
- Added prompting for internal port to
- Added display of backup regions.
- Displays app URL before deployment.
- JSON status output now has timestamp.
- Caught errors in suspend (thanks @alrs).
- Clarified monitoring error messages.
- Only display auth URL when an error has occurred.
- Setting secret to same value no longer causes a "no deployment available" error.
- Improved internal API use.
- Immediate duplicates in logs supressed in client.
flyctl: Version 0.0.137 released
- New top level commands
- Apps subcommand deprecated
--hostadded to info command
versiondisplays bare version number,
--fulldisplays full details
secretssetting and unsetting will follow deployment where appropriate
movecommand now prompts with current organization
initcommand now prompts with list of builders or option to create/use Dockerfile
--dockerfileflag to completely skip builder query
- Fixed a bug related to incoming HTTP/2 request cookies sent as multiple headers. Incoming HTTP/2 connections can present multiple cookie headers. The headers were sent on as is when the Fly edge downcast the connection to HTTP/1 which is used within the Fly network. Some servers could not handle the multiple headers though. Now, the downcasting process concatenates the multiple cookie headers into a single cookie header.
- Added the Via header to both http requests and responses
- Boosted the performance of the
Optimizing Imagephase of deployment by making better use of existing identical images.
flyctl: Version 0.0.129 released
- New flyctl istallation process using script. Installs flyctl into
$FLYCTL_INSTALL/binif $FLYCTL_INSTALL is set)
flyctl listcommand - supports listing
list appscan match text in name and filter by organization (
-o) or status (
flyctl opencommand - now takes URL path as a parameter
flyctl: Version 0.0.128 released
flyctl apps restartcommand will restart an application, as if it were paused and resumed.
flyctl monitorcommand - will follow deployment activity listing the progress for all deployments.
- New Updating secrets now automatically monitors subsequent redeployment.
- Fix Upgrade messages now go to stderr (see #137)
- Updated - Deno Buildpack (See updated Deno on Fly using Buildpacks) configuration now handled in a single
.configfile. Version of Deno is now selectable through this file. Set
deno_version=v1.0.2to work around 1.0.3 to 1.0.5 dependency issues.
flyctl: Version 0.0.124 released
flyctl apps pauseand
flyctl apps resumecommands - Instructs the Fly platform to pause (remove all running instances) and resume (start up one running instance) of an application.
flyctl regions set- allows for the complete replacement of the regions in the region pool list.
- New option
--verbose. Where supported, will produce more detailed output from commands. For example,
regionscommands will now only output a single line list of region codes for the region pool. Adding
-vto the command will list the regions as a table with human readable location names.
flyctl apps listnow displays each applications status
- Fix - Deno Buildpack (See Deno on Fly using Buildpacks) Now supports unstable Deno builds. Add
.unstableto your application directory to enable it.
flyctl: Version 0.0.123 released
flyctl opencommand - looks up the currently deployed application's hostname instructs a web browser to open that URL.
flyctl: Version 0.0.122 released
- New scaling mechanism and scaling commands implemented. See Updating Scale article.
- The autoscale command from v0.0.121 removed.
- Removed references to 32 bit versions of flyctl for Windows and Linux as part of deprecation of 32 bit flyctl support.
flyctl: Version 0.0.121 released
- New autoscale and regions commands added to flyctl.
- New scaling system implemented in the platform, based on region pools. See Updating Scale article.
- Rolled out new HTTP2 only backhaul. (The backhaul moves traffic around the Fly network between the edge and the datacenters). This change improves performance and stability for Fly applications that use the http handler.
flyctl: Version 0.0.120 released
- Naming of flyctl binary artifacts made consistent with tgz artifacts. Standalone binaries now use the same platform names as the archived version. (This is typically not visible to the user through the use of getfly.fly.dev and the installer script).
flyctl: Version 0.0.118 released
- Custom Dockerfiles are now correctly mapped (Fixes #119).
flyctl: Version 0.0.117 released
flyctl auth dockercommand. This allows users to deploy images directly to fly by adding
registry.fly.ioto the docker daemon's authenticated registries. (Resolves #104)
flyctl deployenabling a specific image label to be requested at deployment time. (Resolves #110)
- Timeout increased at end of deployment monitoring to stop erroneous
No Deploymentmessages. (Fixes #113)
flyctl deployversion negotiation to resolve API compatibility errors. (Fixes #112)
- Added a new Open Source page which covers details of how Fly works, and will be working, with open source projects.
- A new load balancing allocation algorithm is in place. Designed for global applications with large numbers of instances, an incoming connection will be directed to an instance from the closest least loaded service in a set of three services. Those three services will have been randomly selected from healthy services in the three nearest regions for the app.
flyctl: Version 0.0.116 released
- Enhanced error descriptions for bad
flyctlnow lists the invalid sections and settings to make it easier to fix. Thanks to Lars Lehtonen for that.
- Readme for
flyctlnow includes the upgrade instructions for HomeBrew updates. Thanks to Simon Willison for that.
- Improved help for
flyctl scale vm- now gives basic names for sizes.
- Arch Linux users who prefer to install from the AUR package system can now use flyctl-bin to get flyctl on their systems.
- New applications now get their app.fly.dev certificate "instantly"
- The Fly Proxy will now serve new certificates 2 weeks before the current one expires if it can.
- Added a new ChangeLog page which brings together all the most recent changelogs into one readable page.
FlyCtl – v0.0.115 released
- Buildkit support. Setting environment variable
1will enable use of the v2 buildkit backend which performs async parallel builds. For compatibility,
--squashoption for deploy. Obsoleted.
- Code samples in documentation now have a copy icon for easier cutting and pasting.
FlyCtl – v0.0.114 released
--build-argssupport added to deploy. Passes through build arguments to the build process. More details in the blog post Powerbuilding with Fly.
- Changelog capturing begins.
- Support for
USER <uid>:<gid>in docker files, specifically where
<gid>are numeric values.
- Improved TLS handshake performance
- Integrated reaping of zombie processes